Storyline 360 throws error every time I try to publish to Review 360

Jun 22, 2020

I have a large course (~700 MB) that I am attempting to publish a single ~40 slide module of to Review 360.  I have previously published modules to Review 360 just fine from this course albeit maybe at a slightly smaller size. As of today, Storyline 360 fails to publish and will pull up an error report after the blue progress bar slowly goes through "Preparing to create slides".

I attempted to publish the module by importing the whole course into a new Story then publishing as well as importing just the module into a different, new course and in both cases Storyline just throws an error. What is going on!?! This is unusable.

Installation is up to date with current version, files are local to Windows partition (I'm running on a VM on a Macbook Pro) and I've tried restarting the computer multiple times.

4 Replies
Nick Sondej

Update, looks like there's a corrupted slide somewhere in the first 20 slides of my module but guess what!?! No tools to actually identify which slide is corrupt!

Through binary search (aka publishing different groups of slides in smaller and smaller sections) I'm slowing dialing in what could be the possibly be the corrupt slide but this is a ridiculous waste of my time. How is there no tool or at least verbose error message to tell me where the application error/publication error occured!?!?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing what you are running into as well as the troubleshooting you're doing.

You mentioned an error in your initial post and the idea of having more specific details to help is a good one.

Typically if you cannot publish, then the preview does not work as well, so I test in a similar fashion by using preview. If you'd like us to take a look, then with your permission, please share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.