Storyline Notes

Oct 28, 2013

Hello. I am wondering if anyone else is having these problem with the Notes section of Stoyline. On occasion the notes section in Storyline will do something weird and switch out the notes from one slide to another one. I am not exactly sure what is causing this problem, but it seems like I have to check and re-check my notes section often for these errors. I am also having formatting issues in the notes section where I will change something and save it but later check and these changes will not be saved. Not sure what is causing these issues or if there are any solutions to these problems. 

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

Good news! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Verina,

First, I'd suggest that you check the following which could cause odd behavior: 

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.

If you're still having difficulty and it's in one Storyline file, I'd try to import it into a new Storyline project to see if that solves it. If it's happening in each .story file, I'd start by conducting a repair of Storyline.  

Please let us know if that resolves the issues you're experiencing, and if you need to share your .story file with us to test as well, you can share it here or send it along to us here. 

Kelly Auner

Hi Amelie,

Thanks for reaching out!

Currently, adjustments to the Notes section can be done slide-by slide, but not universally. We do have a feature request logged for the option to globally format notes, so I'll be sure to add your vote. We will update this discussion if this makes it to our feature roadmap. You can learn more about formatting notes here.

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

Good news! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case.