Storyline Timeline

Oct 13, 2022

Dear Articulate,

I'll put a couple of ideas - that I think would be really helpful to anyone creating content in Storyline - out there.

1. It would be useful if there was an option of 'sticking' certain objects to the top/bottom of the timeline.

For example, you have a menu button that you wish to keep at the very top of the timeline to make sure it's clickable at all times and not (accidentally) covered by any other objects. At the moment, any new object added to the slide is by default added at the top of the timeline - which is a good thing in most cases - but if you could decide for yourself if you want to keep certain objects at the top of the timeline, so anything you add afterwards goes below that object on the timeline, that would be very helpful!

Likewise, if you have a background video and are adding text on top of it, it would be nice if you could stick the video to the bottom of the timeline, so you don't accidentally shift any text boxes/hotspots below it.

(At the moment, the 'lock' function does not provide this.)
  2. I often use a transparent rectangle on top of the video/animation, to prevent users from pausing the video by clicking on the screen. If this was an integrated option, that would save a lot of time and prevent any errors associated with the length/timing of the rectangle.

ps - if there is a way to achieve these and I'm unaware, please do let me know!

Thanks in advance!

AK

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Interesting options to consider!

I would definitely appreciate an option to enable/disable the ability to pause the video by clicking it. It'd be much easier to select/deselect a feature checkbox, instead of having to add a transparent shape over the video. 

FYI: You can submit feature requests here: 

https://articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request