Text to Speech audio files mixed up when published to Review 360

Jul 01, 2020

Hello,

Using Storyline 360, I developed a 30 slide course using text to speech on nearly every page and several layers. There are 6 slides, that when published to Review 360, are playing an audio file from another slide.

Troubleshooting so far...
Redo of the text to speech.
Published an existing item in Review 360
Created a new item Review 360 
Saved Story file as a new name and deleted "junk" scenes.

Each time, it swaps out or mixes up the same incorrect audio file into Review 360.  I also published to LMS and create a Tempshare file, and the same mix up with the audio files happened. 

I'm using the US/Joanna voice and not renaming the file name in the timeline.

Thank you for any ideas!

-Stephanie

The only workaround I've found so far, is to record scratch audio in another text to speech tool and import the audio file.

13 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Stephanie!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your file! I haven't heard of a similar error before, so I'm eager to know more. 

Are you seeing this in every file that includes Text-to-Speech? If not, have you tried importing the file into a new project?

If importing the project into a new project doesn't fix the error, I'd love to have a look at the file. If you're okay with that, here's a private upload link where you can upload the .story file. We'll take a look and follow up with the next steps.

Herman Gillis

I am having the same problem after the latest update. In my case, the audio from slide 25 begins on slide 1. This is aggravating to say the least. I need this project published to our LMS today.

Any help is appreciated. I can send you the files if needed. Just need to know the format

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Herman and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into a similar issue. 

Yes, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Morgan!

I'm not seeing that Herman or Stephanie reached out for additional help, so they might've found the fix on their own!

However, I'm happy to step in! Are you finding this happens with multiple projects or just the one you're working on? Also, is this affecting all audio files?

If you'd like to share your project, you can attach the .story file to this discussion or privately in a support case.

kashan rizvi

Hello Lauren,

Facing the same issues with multiple files.
Tried creating the new file, re doing the text to speeches even redone the whole slide. Every time we open the file it shows new audio errors. It works well in Articulate inside preview. But, In scorms the issues remains unsolved. Case Number: 03116896

File has been sent with exported scorm and .story file for test.

Steven Benassi

Hi Carrie!

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing erratic behavior with text-to-speech files!

I see that you've already opened a support case and shared your file with our team. Smart move! It looks like my colleague Lianne is performing some tests and should be reaching out to you when troubleshooting is complete!

We can continue this conversation through your support case to keep all information in one spot.

Nelson Diaz

I'm having the same problem with text-to-speech files getting mixed up when publishing.  It seems like Storyline 360 is confusing the auto-generated audio IDs.  Until this issue is resolved, a workaround is to right-click each text-to-speech audio file (either on the timeline or the icon to the left of slide), select Export Audio, save exported audio, import the saved .WAV file (not the .MP3) back into the slide, and republish.

Nelson Diaz

Hello Juergen, I'm afraid the .story file is no longer useful for diagnostics, as I already replaced all the text-to-speech audio files in the project and it is now working as expected.  I should have kept the original .story file instead of overwriting it.  I appreciate the offer to help though.