Text to speech with Storyline 360?

Aug 15, 2022

Is there a text to speech feature in Storyline 360?  I have a mountain of legacy ppts that need to go online very quickly, I don't have resources to record actual speakers or make these very customized.  If there isn't a text to speech built into SL360, is there a free one out there you might recommend?  Thanks!

4 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Karen,

Thanks for reaching out! There is a text-to-speech feature with Storyline 360. You can convert text to speech by following these steps:

1. Go to the Insert tab on the Storyline ribbon, select the Audio drop-down arrow, and select Text-to-Speech.
  2. When the Insert Text-to-Speech window appears, select a Language and choose a Voice.
  3. Type or paste your script into the text-entry field. Or, if you want to use your slide notes as your script, just click the Copy from Slide Notes button.
  4. If you’d like to add closed captions to your text-to-speech narration, mark the Generate Closed Captions box in the upper right corner. Then select Insert.

Storyline will convert your text to narration, and it’ll appear as an audio clip on the slide’s timeline. The conversion process is fast, but lengthy scripts will take longer to convert. Maybe others in the community will have some additional input. 

I hope this helps!

John Morgan

Hi Elyse,

Thanks for asking about this! Even though we are prioritizing other enhancements to Storyline at the moment, a feature request has already been submitted for more voice options. This conversation is being linked to that request, so if it makes it onto our feature roadmap, we’ll make sure to update you!