Trying to Import ppt to Storyline 360 no images appear?

May 02, 2022

I am trying to upload a new ppt to storyline but none of the graphics are importing? Even the graphics of my template.. How do I fix this? 

2 Replies
Robert Peters

H Kimberly.

My Solution:

I'm dealing with this right now and so far I have solved this by saving the .pptx file as a Power Point Macro Enabled document (.pptm) file and importing the .pptm version into SL 360.

I'm hoping this helps a lot of people so I added a more detailed account of situation because my situation also involves arranging the graphics within PPT animations (i.e. they have to appear/disappear/show up in layers at the right time on the timeline). 

Background Details (feel free to ignore ;-), but I share my situation and the time savings I'm anticipating)

I can't tell you how much of a relief this is!! But I can try :-D:

My imported highlight boxes and arrows look a little "different" ;-), but now at least the .png images are now appearing and at the right time in the timeline. I have over 200 slides with images and animations that I am converting from an 3-day instructor-led (PPT) course to a self-paced course in SL. So recreating this again in SL was not a practical option. I also had to convert the color scheme (in PPT) as the course was about 3+yrs old and the corporate branding changed.

In my first imports, of the .pptx file, I got absolutely NO images importing (#HEARTATTACK).

So, when importing the .pptm version, at least it's "working". I will have to spend a few hours touching up the slides, but it's only (guessing) 10% of the time I would have to spend re-importing, sizing, placing and arranging images on the timeline - for each slide (yikes!). Many of which are in PPT groups and appear/disappear in animations. Importing the .pptm file produced images that look good (not as good as the PPT version - but acceptable).

For the self-paced version, I am also creating TTS audio from the slide notes (using WellSaidLabs - it's awesome!). So the audio will be imported separately (directly) into SL after the PPT import - so that I can match the audio phrases to the animated graphics on the timeline. Doing it this way also allows me to have the slide notes become the transcript as well.

Again, hope this helps others because it is a life-saver on this project!