Custom Course Timer in SL 360

Dec 21, 2017

Though the latest release of Articulate Storyline 360 or 3 came with a bunch of new features, there are still a few that are not available natively. One of them is a Course timer, which allows learners to view the time they have spent in a particular course. This feature can still be achieved using some smart work-around.

Thought this would be cool to share, so that other with similar requirement can be benefited  as well.

Here's a quick video on how to create a Custom Course timer:

If you need to take a deeper look on how it's done. 

Feel free to check out my blog from the below link where you can also download the sample source that I have created.

How to add a Course Timer in Articulate Storyline 3 or 360

26 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 58, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we've included is:

Create timed interactions and conditional triggers using built-in variables that track the total time a learner spends on a slide, a scene, or an entire course.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.