Drag and drop try again

Oct 01, 2021

Hi - I have a drag and drop interaction -

Is it possible for the incorrect objects to return to their orginal locations when they click try again, but the correct ones to stay.

12 Replies
Kate Mackenzie

using this tip: but only having the motion path on those that are incorrect?

Here is another way to return dragged objects to the original starting point for multiple retry attempts without having to use a variable:

1. place an add motion animation onto each drag object.

2. set the start and end points to the same point (when the drag object is in its original spot)

3. set duration to 00.10

4. on the Try Again layer - and  on the Try Again button set a new trigger for each of the drag objects. (Move 'object' on LineMotionPath1 when the user clicks Try Again button

and that's all you need to do! :)

cheers Gerry

Helen Dudley

Yep. I've just created an interaction which does this. If you want the SL file, let me know.
Helen

Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message.

Diane Bledsoe
Helen Dudley

Yep. I've just created an interaction which does this. If you want the SL file, let me know.
Helen

Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message.

I would want you SL file if you want to share.