ELC 329 - Using Video Backgrounds in eLearning
This is now my intro graphic for a rather large course I'm building. This challenge actually caused me to change the static image to a moving one, and I like it so much more. I can already see in the timing that I need to adjust when the title comes in, I just wanted to go ahead and post as I can do a re-render later.
I certainly don't want to turn this into a tutorial (nor am I qualified), but the overall steps in this was the following;
- found an image in the Content Library, which I had already been using.
- in Photoshop, I placed image onto a transparent background layer and cut out some holes in certain windows of the foreground image.
- started a project in AfterEffects (but any video editor should work) and added a lower smoke-background layer with left-to-right motion and the fade-in title.
- exported the whole shebang as a png sequence
- imported that sequence into Photoshop (multiple images as layers) (https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/open-multiple-images-as-layers-in-photoshop/) & (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/make-animated-gif.html)
- turned all of that into a .gif
My apologies for not having the course available to link to, but at least this is an element that has been enhanced thanks to the eLearning Challenge! =)