Hangman Game

Apr 24, 2015

Hi all

I've been working on a hangman game in Storyline 2 where you have to guess the letters of a hidden word. You are allowed 10 errors before the stick man is hanged (lovely!) and the game is lost.

I've made this version using a variable for each letter of the alphabet to either reveal the correct letter chosen or deduct a point from the 10 goes errors allowed (linked to the graphics of the man), but it seems quite an inefficient way to do this.  Can anyone think of a more efficient way to create this mechanism?

Published version:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7817836/HANGMANGAME3/story.html

Thanks
Gavin

25 Replies
Sarah Hodge

Hi Manpreet and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! 🙂 I'm not sure if Gavin is still subscribed here since it's an older thread, but I did take a look at the file to see how they set it up. If you're able to share your story file, I'm happy to take a look to see if I can figure out what's going on. Make sure to double-check your triggers letter by letter.

My guess, since you mentioned that the correct layer only shows after clicking on another correct letter, is that you might need to edit the trigger order for the buttons. When it comes to the trigger panel, the order does matter. So, for the correct letters make sure you set the letter variables first before adding the value 1, as shown here:

I hope that helps!