Forum Discussion

MichelleAndr158
Community Member
10 months ago

AI video feature in Articulate Rise

Hi! I am very excited about the new AI video feature that will first be coming out in Articulate Rise. When I was at DevLearn I spoke with one of the developers and they said it would be coming out first quarter of 2024. Is that still the expected release date or have they pushed it back? 

Also, is there a way for my company to be part of the trials for the AI video feature? 

Thank you,

Michelle 

• +1
    @Karl Muller (and al Articulate teammates)

I attended your webinar this winter, touting Rise 360's new AI features (which looked really cool and quite promising), and at the time your presenter and the leader for the AI initiative said the general public could begin accessing it in March. We're now a third of the way through April and the only Google results I get are multiple posts where your customers have been and are still asking for a release timeframe, with no answer to any of them.  :(

Articulate is usually terrific in its customer response and has an enthusiastic user community, so I hope you won't let us down -- updates and new information, please!!!

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Michael,

As I don't work for Articulate, I have no insight regarding their release dates for the Rise AI features.

• Has there been any update on the AI video for Rise? I couldn't find any dates on the roadmap...

JamilAlaoui
    Community Member

World of Learning demo and webinars etc all said July 2024, and no extra charges! Could I beg a link to the small print that says there'll be further charges?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Articulate AI is definitely going to be a paid extra.

JamilAlaoui
        Community Member

Thanks, Karl! The original webinar said it would be provided to all current customers, so I'm trying to locate the "small print" mentioned above. With Microsoft365 extra charges already a stumbling block, this might make the difference between continuing to use Articulate or switching to Synthesia, which has extra benefits, such as 50-language options lip-syncing! Sorry to any Articulate folk seeing this, but I distinctly recall hyping the selling point that we should buy more licences for Articulate Rise if all customers are to get the extra functionalities for the price already being paid. I can't see that we would stand still when Synthesia are vying for new clients.

JamilAlaoui
    Community Member

Ouch! And thanks, Karl! I recollect Helen Munz saying it would be provided to all existing customers, so this is awful news! I've been sooo hyping Rise too, based on that statement! As much as I love Articulate to date, and Helen's amazing initial webinar statement honouring us existing users, that latest pricing statement is now a double downer. :(

IraBrown-57cd02
      Community Member

If you were on the session in Jan she mentioned @53 min mark:

"What we are doing is we're making sure that everybody has access to all of these capabilities. And so, right now what we're working out is whether it's gonna be a certain amount and this is gonna be right inside of your existing AI. I'm sorry, your existing articulate 360 subscription, you're gonna get these AI tools in a limited quantity and then you can pay to be able to have an unlimited quantity. And so that's both for the AI Assistant for courses and AI Video capabilities. We're gonna be including that in, int subscription you already have and love. And then also be able to give you unlimited amounts of that with an upgrade."

JamilAlaoui
        Community Member

Thank you for helping clarify, Ira. Much obliged.

• Me too... August now, and I'm not seeing any updates, anywhere. Would love to know what's happening with this, as I have stakeholders that are beginning to look at purchasing other AI Video software. TIA!

• Any word on when the text to video AI features will be live? I remember seeing the demo last winter but I can not find it in the release.