Forum Discussion

LaceyHendrickso
Community Member
8 months ago

Block Templates should default to the specific author using Rise and not All Authors

This might seem like a small thing, but it has become a very frequent nuisance in a company as large as the one I work for. There are literally hundreds of block templates saved as shared by others within my organization. Every time I want to add one of my private block templates to a project (which is very often), I must first change the Authors dropdown selection from the default "All Authors" to myself. I feel that this design is backwards and the default should be the individual and not the group. 

LaceyHendrickso
      Community Member

I've also submitted the feature request. I thought perhaps if there was a community discussion and (hopefully) others added their voice to the conversation asking for this feature, it might gain some traction. 

EricLian
    Community Member

I wholeheartedly agree the author should be the default selection when accessing block templates for the reason previously given. I access block templates multiple times for each lesson when building a course, and each time, I have to select my name to access the blocks I created for my course builds.