Forum Discussion

MichaelDaveD567
Community Member
2 months ago

Cannot access layer properties.

Good morning! I have updated my Storyline 360 x64 application (Build 3.90.32850.0) in hopes that it would fix the issue that I'm having. I cannot access the layer properties (either by right-clicking on the layer and choosing the Properties option OR the cog in the bottom right-hand corner of the Base Layer.)

Even previously designed layers that had the Dialogue option, cannot be modified.

Even when I tested out creating a new file, adding a layer on a slide, the cog is greyed out.

Any other solutions? Much appreciated!

JHauglie
    Community Member

This is unusual enough to warrant contacting Articulate. Good luck-

MichaelDaveD567
      Community Member

Ah, yes, Nedim! I was in the office with the dual monitor setup. Yet, when I got home with just a single monitor setup (extended display from the laptop), I was able to see the layer properties pop-up!

Perhaps a dual monitor setup should be in the works for the next update (eh, Storyline devs? :) )

Thank you (and Joe) for your comments!

• I'm having a similar issue, with the same version as you have.  I need to use the classic player, due to the way it embeds a solid unchanging player, for a specific use case. It wont let me change to classic saying that the dialogue layer feature is being used. Same thing with a new file, wont let it go go classic for same reason.

Then if I try to edit the layer, it will keep bringing up the slide properties not the layer properties. Very frustrating. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello George,

To switch the Player back to the Classic version, you'll need to change the slide properties of the feedback layers in the Feedback Master View from Dialog to Layers. You'll want to ensure that none of your feedback layers use the 'Dialog' option to make this change.

Feel free to share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case if you need help making the changes!

• Just FYI I had the same issue. I always work with a dual monitor set up at home, but today am in the office and layer properties would not come up until I disconnected from the 2nd monitor. Def needs a fix!