Forum Discussion

JasonDeDonno
Community Member
2 years ago

Cannot import PowerPoint

I tried importing a PowerPoint presentation made with the latest version of Microsoft 365, but it failed. There was no warning or anything. It just didn't load. I then made a simple test by making a one page PowerPoint presentation contain just text, then trying to import that, and the same problem occurred.

Not sure what to do next, but I need this to work. Anyone?

• Hi Jason,

Can you "Save As" the PowerPoint file format .pptx to .ppt and then try to import it into storyline. I hope the issue will be resolved.

• Jason, 

I just tried to import a short group of slides following these steps.

1 - File - New project

2 - File - Import

3 - PowerPoint

Find the file and open it. It finds all the slides and highlights them. Make sure you select the "Select All" option in the upper right. 

4 - Click on Import.

If they are not coming in. I would put in a ticket to Articulate.

Good luck

• Hello - I've been experiencing similar. I shut down and restarted SL and PPT. Still the same. The criteria mentioned in the article do not apply. 

• Hi Faye,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you are having an issue with importing your PowerPoint into Storyline. I see you've opened a support case and are working with Jan. You are in good hands! If you have any questions about the case, please respond within the case via email.