Forum Discussion

WolffMetternich
Community Member
3 years ago

Change the position of a screencast recording

I have chosen a story size of 1920*1080px. Then, I inserted a recorded screen, 'Step-by-step slides > View mode steps' of dimension 1600*830px. By default it is positioning the screen cast on the center of the slide.

I need to re-position it, which I am not able to do so. I am not even able to select the screen cast on the screen.

Please advise how can I move it, and also how I can I scale or resize it?

Is there a solution to this issue meanwhile?

• Hi, Wolff.

Thank you for reaching out!

While there are currently no options for the Story position, we have a feature request logged for the ability to choose it. 

I will update this discussion if I have any news to share or if this request makes it to our feature roadmap. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the suggestions our community members might have for you. 

LiezelWilson
    Community Member

Is there any feedback on this as yet?

I would love to record on a 4:3 and then have the TRY SIMULATION on a 16:9 slide so that I can post information on the left side. But not being able to move it from the middle makes this impossible.

• Hi Liezel!

Thanks so much for reaching out. 

We don't have any updates at this time on this feature request for the Story position. We'll be sure to update this thread with any news if this request makes it onto our feature roadmap. 

I see that you've opened a case and you're working with my colleague Lianne. You're in great hands!

We'll continue the conversation over in your support case.

Have a great day!

• Hello, is there a place to up vote this request? I would love to have the ability to do this and thought this was possible in older versions of Storyline.

• Hi Kristina, 

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I've added your voice to this request with our product team. 

If we have any news or updates in the future, we'll be sure to share in this discussion. 

Have a great start to your week! 

• I've had to resize the screens which include 2 scenes of slide-by-slide screencasts for a rebrand - to move the logo and tag to the top of the screen. I've also had trouble with the repositioning of the image to the left of the slide, although I only changed the height of the slide. Because there are 12 modules involved, wondering when this feature will be available, as it will take considerable time to capture the walkthroughs again. I thought in previous times, I was able to move the images.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Susan,

Thanks for reaching out! The request to return the Story position option in Storyline is still in progress. I've added your voice to the feature report, so you'll be notified once this becomes available.