Forum Discussion

BrandiSopchak
Community Member
2 years ago

Classic Player

I am trying to use the classic player but keep getting the prompt

This project has the following features, which are only supported in the modern player style.

• Present Layer As Dialog

I've followed the steps to ensure all my layers are set Present Layer: Layer.  None are set as Dialog, but I am still getting this message.  Any suggestions?

• Hello Kübra,

To switch the Player back so that it uses the Classic version, you'll need to first change the slide properties of the feedback layers in the Feedback Master View from Dialog to Layers. You'll want to make sure that none of your feedback layers use the 'Dialog' option.

Feel free to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case if you need any help making the changes!

MichaelWest
      Community Member

THANK YOU!! This helped out tremendously!

I will also add: Check your Feedback Masters also. That's where my problem was. I had some Feedback Masters that I wasn't using that were dialog layers. Deleted them and that fixed the problem.

• I am trying to use the classic player but keep getting the prompt

This project has the following features, which are only supported in the modern player style.

• Present Layer As Dialog

I've followed the steps to ensure all my layers are set Present Layer: Layer.  None are set as Dialog, but I am still getting this message.  Any suggestions?

• Thank you! I was having the same issue and was frustrated after painstakingly going through every slide and layer. 

I had no idea you had to go into the Feedback Master and change layers there!

You saved me a headache!

• I was having the same issue on a new file that had no additional layers on any slides.  Glad I found this discussion!
    Is there a reason the feedback master has these diaglog layers if it causes headaches for those of us who use the classic player?  What's the advantage of a dialog layer, and why aren't they compatible with the classic player?

• Hello! I was able to dig into the feedback master and get this to work. I need to use a Transparent player and to be honest, I don't know why you can't set a transparent player using the modern player. I have never used the modern player and find it pretty useless.