Forum Discussion

JonathanFales-e
Community Member
3 years ago

Click all objects before continuing bug

I recently watched this excellent video on how to make learners click on all objects before continuing

However, after I put the presentation up for Review, I discovered that if you go BACK to the slide, the Next button is Disabled again, but you cannot Re-enable it. So, you can't go back to this slide because it will get stuck. 

Anyone else run into this issue? If so, is there a solution (other than disabling the Previous button)?

• If you will attach your .story file here, someone can give you some ideas.

• Hi Jonathan, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your course. You mentioned this is happening when published to Review. Does the course work as expected in preview mode?

As Walt suggested, we'd be happy to look at your file to see what's happening. You're welcome to upload it here or privately in a support case. We will delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

• Hi Kelly,

It is a problem in Preview and Review modes. I think the issue is this:

1. There is a trigger for the Next button to be disabled at the start of the timeline.

2. There is a trigger for the Next button to be enabled after the state of all required content is Visited.

3. If you go back to the slide, it initiates the first trigger by restarting the timeline for the slide, but the second trigger is never triggered again because the buttons are still in the Visited state, so unless you can re-trigger the Visited state, this event never gets triggered again.

• I think I figured it out (based on my prior post). I added another set of triggers to change the states of the content back to normal when the timeline starts and it seems to work now. If this  solution was in the tutorial, I somehow missed it, but if it isn't, it should be added.

• Thanks so much for sharing your process with the thread! We appreciate your feedback! 

Have a great start to your week and happy developing! ✨