Forum Discussion

KristenPaulson
Community Member
6 years ago

Customize navigation colors in Rise

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to customize the color of the circle that contains the check mark in the left navigation pane in Rise. I attached a file to with the circle circled :) so you know what I'm talking about.

Thank you,

Kristen

KarlMuller
    Community Member

The "Accent" color you choose for your course will be used for buttons, checkmarks, lines, etc.

• Hi there Kristen!

Thanks for posting your question here in the forums. You'll be pleased to find out you can indeed adjust the color of the check mark, by changing the course Accent color.

To adjust the accent color, you can pop into Settings (you'll see the link in the top right-hand corner of your course) and under the Theme tab if you scroll down and click Customize Theme that's where you can adjust the accent color. Don't forget to click Save when you're done!

Here's a step-by-step tutorial to help you out further: Rise: Personalize the Theme

Hope this helps! :) 

KristenPaulson
      Community Member

Thanks Nicole! That does help. They only want the circle color changed though :) They want the accent color for the course to be a specific shade of red and then when the student completes a lesson have the circle be green. It doesn't look like the theme setting are that granular. Thank for the info that, I'm learning something new everyday!

SeanPutman
    Community Member

This is a problem, actually, for the global theme colors. Our global color is #AC162C (red), and all of the correct checkmarks and boxes around the correct answer are coming up red... which looks like it is incorrect.

Why is the correct/incorrect coloring defaulting to the global theme color??

• Is there a way to access the CSS for the navigation? I have a request to increase the contrast of the text in the navigation.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Curt.

You cannot edit the CSS from within Rise.

If you want to change the CSS, you need to export the course and edit the CSS in the ZIP file.

Articulate does not support these kinds of changes.

hazelB
      Staff

Hi University Europe!

You can hover over the lines and drag them to make them bigger or smaller. Here's a demo:

Hope this helps you!

• I'm wondering how to (or if I can) change the highlight colour in the left navigation, as you mouse over the lesson titles. I've gotten feedback from a UX consultant that the colour contrast is not drastic enough between the background and this highlight colour. See screenshot attached. I don't want to change the overall custom colour for the theme. Can I change just this one element? If not, I'd love this in a future update.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Beth!

Happy to help with this!

Currently, the background of lesson titles from the navigation sidebar cannot be modified independently from the overall theme color. If you're open to exploring different color themes in the future, I found the highlighting contrast improved when switching to a Dark theme.

I'll relay your feedback to our product team and share updates if we make any future enhancements to this feature!

• Thanks for your response. I'll test it out but from your screenshot above, the hover/highlight cover is barely perceptively different from the background colour in that one as well, so more contrast would be useful.