Forum Discussion

KelseyCook
Community Member
5 months ago

Drag and Drop: Resetting answer choices when clicking try again

I searched high and low for the answer to this question but was unable to find anything. After playing around with some triggers for a while, I finally figured it out, so I wanted to share for anyone who is stuck and searching for an answer.

For some background, I created a drag and drop item with 8 answer choices and two drop areas. I allowed the user 2 attempts, so the try again feedback generated automatically. I attempted resetting to initial state both on the base  layer and the try again layer - didn't work. 

Changing the try again trigger to jump to drag and drop slide rather than hide layer would have worked with reset to initial state, but my drag and drop base layer showed a directions layer when timeline started on that slide. So, my "jump to slide" replayed directions and audio over again, which I didn't want. 

If your drag and drop is set up similarly, this is how you fix it so that 1. the answer choices reset to their original places and 2. any layer set to show when timeline begins does not show again.

On the Try Again layer, you need two triggers for the try again button:

Hide layer this layer when the user clicks try again (or whatever your button is called)

Jump to end of timeline on drag and drop when the user clicks try again (or whatever your button is called)

Picture attached.

No RepliesBe the first to reply