Forum Discussion

LangleyTrust
Community Member
21 days ago

Drag items disappear when dropped???

Hi there, I'm creating a drag-and-drop game in Storyline 360. When I preview the game, the object automatically disappears when I drop my object on the correct target. I didn't set the "drop correct" state to make the object transparent or do that in my trigger. Have I missed something?

runrunsteven
    Community Member

On your drag and drop slide. At the top under 'Design', top left there is a button that says 'Drag & Drop Options'. What is selected in yours? Second thought... What is the order of your layers? For a recent one I did, all my 'Drag Items' are on the top layers, while the spot where I am dragging them is underneath. Is it maybe be dragged to the right spot, but not visible anymore because your layers are out of order?

• Can you share the slide or a screenshot of your Trigger panel?

• Can you share your slide or a screen shot of your trigger panel?

• Is this a slide you can share or a screenshot of your trigger panel?

LangleyTrust
    Community Member

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for reaching out. All of my layers were in the right order. Turns out, when setting my "drop correct" state, I had moved my object to where I wanted it to be when dropped. I didn't realise it my trigger would move it to the X/Y values relative to the drop area. I set those back to zero and it was all fine. I hope this experience helps someone else out. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Langley Trust,

I'm glad that Steven was able to assist. Thank you for sharing what worked for you. I'm sure other community members with the same situation will find this helpful.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!