Forum Discussion

Gygaxx
Community Member
17 days ago

Drag n drop Variable update

Hello,

I have a problem with drag-and-drop tasks in Storyline where multiple images can be placed in different fields, which should set the associated variable to true. The issue is that when a user correctly places an image once, the state of the variable doesn’t change if the user drags the image back to the starting position.

How can I work around this? How can the state of the variable be updated? The result of the interaction, i.e., the state of all relevant variables, is only checked after pressing the "Check Solution" button to determine whether the user has placed everything correctly. I was thinking of using JavaScript to query the placement of all images again and update the variables accordingly, but so far, I haven’t been able to get it to work.

Has anyone faced a similar problem or has an idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

• Hello Gygaxx,

Thanks for reaching out!

It would be easier for the community to help if we could see how your interaction is configured. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!