Forum Discussion

HamzaMbarek
Community Member
2 years ago

Embedded audio to Storyline

Hello everyone, 

I am a Storyline beginner, I would like to embed my comments in audio format to a storyline course presentation. This audio should run with animation and content changes. I appreciate tips on how to integrate my audio to my presentation. 

Thank you

• Hi Hamza, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community! So happy you're here! ✨

I'd love to help you get started incorporating audio into your Storyline project!

Just to clarify, when you say embed comments in audio format, do you mean incorporating your comments into a notes tab/transcript and inserting audio on each slide?

If so, I'd recommend our text-to-speech function if you do not currently have audio files ready to go. 

Here is a quick Peek where I walk you through how to add this into your project. 

Please let me know if this helps! 

Additionally, I understand you're new to our products. You're in the right spot!

I just wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars as well. At 11am ET every Thursday, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers. This is a great way to learn new skills! 

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here: https://articulate.fyi/3ZiKgu9

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterwards!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

PatriciaCalvo
    Community Member

Hi Luciana,

I have created a slide with an audio and animations. I would like the audio to start when the user clicks play. However, it does it automatically when the user arrives to the slide. How can I change that?

Thanks,

Ana

• Hi Patricia,

Great question! I would love to help you out with this! When you add audio to a slide it will automatically play when the slide appears. To have the audio start when the user clicks play you need can create a button that has a "Play media" trigger associated with it. Here is a Peek video of how I created one of my own.

Also, here are a couple of articles all about triggers and working with them.

I hope this helps you out and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!