Forum Discussion

PierreJouan
Community Member
3 years ago

Forum / site display bug

Hello,

I don't really know where to post this...

I get weird HTML code/errors displayed for a few days while browsing the forum.

This happens in all browsers except Firefox.

Any idea what's going on ?

Thanks

• Thanks for letting us know, Pierre! Our team is working on fixing this. The screenshot you provided is super helpful. 

FelixFranke
    Community Member

Hi there,

I am experiencing exactly the same, but only in Edge, not in Chrome.

I suspect it may be an issue with browser settings rather than the website itself. But I don't know what, I haven't changed anything afaik.
    Purging browser history back to the times of Henry VIII didn't help either.

Interesting dropdown and footer text, too:

Any info on a fix would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PhilFoss
      Community Member

I've seen similar glitches from Rise forum notifications- via email. I assumed these were default fields that the new cmgr needed to fill in. Starting to look like a hack.

• Hello Pierre, Walt, Felix, Phil, and everyone else who is following this thread. Thanks so much for your patience! It should be fixed now. Hope you have a great rest of your day!

• That's funny. Last week something similar was happening to me, but only in Firefox. I think it was tied to some external parts not loading fast enough to format things correctly, but it has mostly straightened out now.

Except when posting, I don't get the ribbon at the top of the post.

SarahHodge
      Former Staff

Thank you for these details, Walt! I let our team know. 

SarahHodge
      Former Staff

I'm glad it's working for you now, Pierre! 🙂 Our team just fixed it so all translations errors that our international folks have been seeing should be corrected now. Thanks for letting us know everything is working on your side. 

SarahHodge
      Former Staff

I'm so sorry that's happening again, Pierre! I let the team know. They're having a look at it right now. In case anyone else is experiencing this issue, I'll post updates in this thread when I know more. 

LydiaSaxton
    Community Member

To troubleshoot and pinpoint the exact cause of the issue, you can try the following steps:

1) Clear the cache and cookies in the affected browsers.
    2) Disable any extensions or add-ons in those browsers temporarily and see if the issue persists.
    3) Update the browsers to their latest versions.
    4) Contact the forum or website administrators and report the problem, providing them with details about the issue and the browsers you're using.
    If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's recommended to seek assistance from the forum or website's support team, as they will have more specific knowledge about the site's technical details and can provide further guidance.

SarahHodge
      Former Staff

I let my colleagues know. Sorry for the wait, Pierre. Hopefully, I'll have an update for you soon. 🤞