Forum Discussion

MartinWagstaff
Community Member
2 months ago

Help with cursor on text entry field - Storyline/Review 360 - Mobile Devices

Hoping someone has any workaround or ideas for this issue:

I have a stroryline piece completed and published to review 360 so that users without LMS log ins can use the interaction. Within the storyline interaction is a free text field which they are to type in for someone to review manually afterwards on a team call. The problem is, specifically for mobile users, once they have typed something into said field, if they navigate away from that slide/scene and come back, to continue typing, the mobile keyboard comes up, but the cursor is now invisible and defaults to the beginning of the pre populated text. So they cant add to what they have already written. The standard way of moving to the end of text in IOS to to long press the screen, but this doesn't work because when you try that, it just closes the keyboard. I have the text fields to set text entry to typed field when the text field loses focus and I have the scene to resume saved state when returning. I can't think of any other ways to do it or workarounds.

With android devices they have any extra button on the keyboard, so there is a partial workaround on Android, but none on iOS. I attached the workaround on android, but I need a fix for both.

• Hello Martin!

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, you are experiencing a bug that we have logged where text entry fields aren't behaving the same way as regular input fields on mobile devices. 

I appreciate you sharing in detail what you're seeing on your end! I am going to share this with our team and we'll follow up if a fix for this bug ships in an upcoming update.