Forum Discussion

LouisePhelan
Community Member
9 months ago

Hiding Articulate course link URL when published on a website

I've seen a response to a similar question, but it was dated 2015, so has there been any update on how this can be done?

We'd like to put a course on our website but hide the course URL?

Any help appreciated!

• Are you putting the share link? That is not intended for wide distribution. The best practice is to publish and host on your website and then link to the folder on your website.

Unless it is behind a login you will not be able to prevent people sharing it.

• Hi Louise! 👋

I'm curious to know what website/host platform you are using. That way, we can better understand if this functionality is possible once you've published your course. 

One potential workaround could be embedding your published content into a web page using an iframe. Here are the instructions!

As my colleague Kelly mentioned, we'd be happy to discuss this further here or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

LouisePhelan
    Community Member

We haven't put the course/s on our website yet but would using Publish help with hiding the URL?

LouisePhelan
    Community Member

Hi Kelly

Thanks for the reply, however, we wanted to put the course on our website and HIDE the URL so it couldn't be shared?  

LouisePhelan
    Community Member

Hi Luciana 

That's helpful - thanks!  I think this is something we would have to get our IT department involved in but it's given us a way forward and we know that we can come back to you via a support case if necessary.

• You're welcome, Louise! Happy to help! 🎉

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you have a path forward with your IT team. We're here to help if any Articulate questions come up!

Have a great start to your week and happy authoring!