Forum Discussion

SamKauffman-3fd
Community Member
9 months ago

Hiding Base Layer Objects - Best Practices?

Hello Amazing Articulate Users,

I find myself hiding the Base Layer on each layer almost every time I use layers. My go-to method is deselecting the eyeball icon next to every single object for the Base Layer. The reason I do this is because I typically copy specific elements from the Base Layer onto each layer; if the same object is visible from the Base Layer, it appears different (for example, outlines are extra thick/bolded) like there are multiple objects duplicated on top of each other.

Is the best practice here to just continue deselecting every object's eyeball icon? It is a bit tedious. But, perhaps I am missing something here! I wish the Base Layer objects, by default, did not show...

At the moment, I find myself deselecting MANY eyeballs on MANY layers.

• The Slide Layer Properties include an option to hide all the base-layer objects. Just select that checkbox.

• Thank you! Wow, I feel silly asking that now but I'm glad there is an easy solution :).

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

There's a lot of good stuff tucked away in the Slide, Slide Layer, and Player properties. Spend a bit of time looking over the options, and that will probably save you a lot of time later. 😀