Forum Discussion

SamWise-37e4c36
Community Member
9 months ago

Hosting Storyline with an LMS

Hi friends! I have a client who doesn't have an LMS, it's a group of organisations cooperating on a few things, and they're not keen to spring for an LMS that's large enough to accomodate their potential number of accounts. We have just one module for them, and they would like to host it standalone on a mini-site, with the understanding that they won't be able to do any tracking. 

Can anyone tell me a) if this can be done and how, and b) how to estimate the needed site specs?

• Hi Sam! 👋

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'll let the community chime in with their thoughts on their favorite LMS preferences and what has worked well for them. 

In the meantime, I wanted to share this article that'll be a solid reference for you and your client when finding the best solution for your content: 

Have a great start to 2024!

• If tracking isn't needed, you could publish the course for the web, and it could be hosted on any website. 

If they don't have a secure, password-protected site to host it on (i.e., it will be hosted on a site accessible to the public), you could add a password to the start of the course. To do that, begin the course with slide that has a text-entry field and a submit button. Program it so the NEXT button will only be enabled if the password is entered in the text-entry field.