Forum Discussion

Sepri1989
Community Member
8 days ago

How to create choose sides quiz

I saw a type of quiz which we need to choose whether the sentences should be on the right side or left side. Anyone has any idea how to create similar type of quiz?

• Hi Sepri1989 have you experimented with any of the existing interactions? Can it be a freeform question as the Drag and Drop in freeform appears to be a good fit, or does it need to be graded?

Sepri1989
      Community Member

hi SamHill 

Thanks for responding to my question.

I tried with existing interaction and none able to provide the exact same features.

When using freeform, there is no scroll options to see the below questions and I would limit the answer movement to right or left.

And yes it need to be graded.
      I still haven't found the right way to do it,.

• It is possible to design a custom front end for some of the built-in graded quizzes. There are some limitations however. A big one is that graded quizzes are limited to a maximum of ten choices. Depending upon how you design your front end, you could get up to either five or ten options for the slider question you described.

The example I've attached provides five slider-type choices in a question. Each slider is linked to two choices from a multiple response quiz, indicating whether you have set it to the left or the right. Once you have set each slider, the quiz responses are updated through some JavaScript. When you submit, the updated quiz is graded as usual.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/6e871389-da9b-4219-9563-f46ee6ba4f4e/review

If you wanted ten sliders, you would need to change the evaluation logic in the script that sets the quiz response. Instead of using one response each for a left or right setting, you would have to know which position was correct for each slider, and check a single response if is set. This, of course, exposes the answers through the script itself. A minimal risk, but one nonetheless.

The design of the quiz front end can be whatever you want. This example is just meant to show how you can manipulate the quiz responses programmatically, allowing you to be more creative while still utilizing the grading capabilities of Storyline.

Edit:

Added an example with ten sliders. Again, how you design the quiz interface determines how you translate the results to the quiz. True/False is simple, others with more options are more complex.

If you need these to scroll, try putting them into a scrolling panel.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/7e32f2fb-43b8-47fc-a332-cdd5de7736b8/review