Forum Discussion

RebeccaPhilips-
Community Member
4 years ago

Image and Text Block

Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Image and Text Block?

I have tried to update text in a current block and it won't allow me to update, added a new image and text block and the same thing happens. I can't modify at all, it is only this block all others work fine.

NedWhiteley
    Community Member

Hi Rebecca,

I have just tried adding a new text and image block, closing the course, re-opening the course and editing the text and it all appeared to be working as it is supposed to.

It is probably stating the obvious, but I just wanted to check that you are trying to edit the text by clicking on the Edit button and then editing the text in the pop-out box on the left of the screen. Unlike a normal text block, you can't edit directly by clicking on the text where you want your edit point and then typing in your new text.

• Thanks Ned, I have closed RISE reopened, restarted my comp etc. and still experiencing the same issue.

Is that a new thing? As I have been able to edit text without going into edit before today... very interesting.

MikeMaether
    Community Member

H Rebecca,

Yes, I have been experiencing the same issue since yesterday afternoon. It was working fine earlier in the day yesterday but at some point I am unable to add text or modify it.  The image part works fine.

Kevin

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi,

It used to be possible to edit the text directly for this block type without being in Edit mode, just like text blocks.

Not sure when or why it changed, but in order to edit the text, you now first need to select the EDIT button, and then edit the text in the side panel.

This just adds a step to the process. 

• Hi, everyone! Thanks so much for bringing this up! Our team jumped in right away to fix the issue, and now you can edit the text on an Image & Text block without having to click the Edit button. 

Please refresh your Rise browser window to take advantage of this fix!