Forum Discussion

KatParker
Community Member
4 months ago

Issue with Automatic Trimming of Video

I've been having repeated issues when I upload videos into Storyline slides where it's automatically cutting off part of the beginning and end of the video, and I can't get it to not do that. I've tried reverting, I've tried exporting the slide into a blank storyline file to see if that would work, and I've tried just extending the automatic blue trim markers, and then when I go to save/close it screws it up. The video is in an MP4 file format. The slide has no triggers on it. The full video is attached, and then I'll include my video slide as well. Hopefully someone can help. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it so I can use the trim feature normally? 

JHauglie
    Community Member

I would suggest you open a support case with Articulate. It doesn't sound like a typical video issue to me.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Kat,

I see you've connected with my teammate, Janina, on this. If you have additional questions, please let them know in your case!

If anyone is experiencing a similar issue, and inserting a video from a file, please check that you're saving that video on your local drive, not on a shared or network drive. Next, try importing your slides into a new Storyline project which may resolve the issue. If not, please get in touch with our team through a support case.