Forum Discussion

JamieBarrier-e8
Community Member
8 months ago

master slide vs theme vs team slides?

Hello! I'm new to Articulate and feeling a little overwhelmed by master slides, themes, team slides, etc. In short, I lead a team of trainers who will all (for now) create projects with the same basic set of slides:

• Intro
  • Objective
  • Software Simulation (view mode)
  • Software Simulation (try mode)
  • Exit slide

I'm really struggling with putting together a package/process for them that makes it all plug & play. I need them to be able to open something that is pre-built with all branding/colors/player set up, they just plug in the info that is specific to that project's topic, record their software simulation, update as needed, and publish. What is the best way to do this? 

• Sometimes themes and templates don’t work as we expect them to. Editing the default template is particularly problematic.

This is probably the fastest, most reliable method. Start a new project, and edit the Master to be what you want, with branding, player options, theme, and placeholders as you want them. Save that project and use the OS to lock it. Put that where it is readily available, but in a locked network location. Let them download it, and Save As to a local location.