Forum Discussion

JessicaRobin183
Community Member
8 months ago

Navigation Menu Help Please!

In my nav bar, I can see the modules listed, but when I create a "lesson" under a module, the lesson does not appear in the navigation within the module. I need an outline within the module. I'm new to this. I have attached an example of what I'm trying to create. 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Jessica,

To ensure that we're talking about the same things, a Rise course can consist of both Lessons and Quizzes and the type is indicated just below each item in edit mode.

Essentially a Rise course consists of only a single level, and all items appear on that same level. You cannot have multiple levels in a Rise course.

A Section is an optional item; you don't have to use them.

In your screenshot, OVERVIEW and THE CRITICAL COMPONENTS OF MISSION are Sections. Note that a Section is just a simple text label; there is no content associated with sections. Sections appear on the Course main page with Lessons and Quizzes, and are used to visually organize the course structure. Sections are displayed in ALL CAPS.

All other items in your screenshot are Rise Lessons, and this is where your course contents reside.

Sections are created just like Lessons, except for a difference in the last step.

.Type the Section name were it says Add a Lesson title

Then press SHIFT+ENTER together to create the Section.

Then drag the section up or down in the structure to were you want it. 

To save time, you can also create a Section directly in the correct place in the existing course structure. To do this, move the cursor to just above the Lesson where you want to insert the new Section.

A line will appear, with a plus sign (insert button) on the left. If you click on the insert button, you can either insert a Lesson or Section at that location.