Forum Discussion

TheresaLausecke
Community Member
10 months ago

No option in "Question Bank" to choose the number of questions

Hey people,

I want to insert a question bank and I've seen in a tutorial that you can acutally choose the "number of questions in draw" as an option.
I don't have this option in my question bank.

Do you have an idea, what might be the reason for that? I've attached two screenshots for comparison.

Best wishes

Theresa

KarlMuller
    Community Member

HI Theresa,

If you are working with a Knowledge Check block, and drawing from a Question Bank, Rise will randomly choose just one question from the selected question bank.

If you are working with a Quiz, and drawing from a Question Bank, Rise will allow you to specify how many questions to draw from the selected question bank.

KassandraJohnso
      Community Member

Thanks KarlMuller! That definately seems like a step in the right direction, but how do I insert a "Quiz" vs a "Knowledge Check"? I only see an option for a Knowledge Check block in Rise. Will I have to insert an Interactive>Storyline perhaps?

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Knowledge check blocks are question blocks within a Lesson, mixed in with other block types.

A Quiz only has questions. 

When you add new content to your course, you need to choose whether you are creating a Lesson or a Quiz.