Forum Discussion

DoinaGumeniuc
Community Member
3 months ago

Object from base layer appearing in slide layer during Preview

Hello! I have tried solutions from other discussions but I can't make any of them work. I have a base layer with multiple images, for each of them I have an associated layer. I chose to hide all objects on base layer when a slide layer opens, but some of the objects still appear in Preview and Publish (not visible in Edit) and I don't know what is wrong. I would really appreciate if someone could support me! I attached the specific slide.

Thanks a lot!

• Rather than create a custom state for the hover action, use the built in states. Duplicate "Hover over" state for each object and assign it the built-in state Hover. They do not require a trigger to initiate the action.  

I disabled your triggers to change the sate on hover and it seems to have done the trick. See attached.

DoinaGumeniuc
      Community Member

Wow I can't believe this was the issue! I tried your solution in my original project and it worked well. Thank you kindly!

• Hi again! I am back to 0 :( I have ran into another issue (related to another slide) where the "normal state text" was bleeding into the "hover state text". Another post suggested to delete the in-built trigger and create my own + trigger. I did that and it solved the issue with the hovering, but now I am back to the issue of this post. I am wasting so much time with this tool, I am not sure how to get around these kind of errors :/ Any idea would be very much appreciated! I have attached a file showing both issues.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Doina, 

Thanks for sharing your updated project file. I tested it using different versions of Storyline 360 and kept getting the same odd behavior which typically indicates the presence of a bug. I opened a support case on your behalf so our support team can investigate the behavior. You're in good hands and we'll be in touch shortly via email!