Forum Discussion

creator6STIB
Community Member
8 months ago

Participant can choose which part to do again

I have created a module where the participant cannot click on the next chapter without having completed the precedent.
At the end of the module, if the participant failed at the quiz, he has the option to start the module again.
How can I make sure he can click on the chapter he wants to see again ?
currently, he has to do the whole elearning again.
Thanks for your help!

• It sounds like the buttons on your menu slide switch back to the Disabled state when the user returns to that slide after failing the quiz. 

It's hard to tell what's wrong with the programming without seeing the .story file. My best guess is that the triggers controlling the states of those buttons don't have the proper conditions.

This post has info and a file that demonstrates how to set up a custom-menu slide: TIP: Create a Custom Menu Slide - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes 

If that info doesn't help, I suggest you upload a copy of the .story file for troubleshooting.

Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are involved in the problem.
    • Be sure all objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with ipsum lorem text.
    • Be sure to clearly describe the following (in the file and/or in the question posted in the discussion):
      • What you want to happen
      • What is not happening that should happen
      • What is happening that shouldn’t happen
      • What you have tried