Forum Discussion

ColleenBogardus
Community Member
2 months ago

Player pause and play

In the player the play and pause button is on but it is not working on the slides. Has something been altered on the slide itself, is that even possible? I compared another course, everything looks the same. Has anyone had this problem?

• RoyMcIntosh-84f 

Hi Roy,

I'm happy to chime in! I looked at Colleen's case and wanted to share that her issue was resolved by toggling the Player features from "Player defaults" to "Custom" or vice versa, depending on whether she's using a custom player.

If this solution does not work for you, can you check if the affected slide has the trigger below or something similar? Does removing or turning off that trigger help resolve the issue?

If the problem persists, would you be willing to share your Storyline file with us so we can look at what you have set up? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.

• Hi Colleen!

Happy to help with this!

Just to confirm, the Play and Pause buttons are visible on the Player, but are not functioning when previewed? Such as they are not pausing the timeline when clicked? If so, it would be easier to troubleshoot the behavior if we could see the .story file that's giving you trouble. Feel free to upload a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RoyMcIntosh-84f
      Community Member

Hi,

Did this issue get resolved? I have the same issue, only on certain slides. When the slide plays the play button does not change to the pause button and when clicking the play button it restarts the slide.