Forum Discussion

FluidpageMicrol
Community Member
3 months ago

Polls Everywhere Live Presentation View Link (Not embedding)

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble embedding Poll Everywhere Live Presentation View Link as Web Object in my Storyline course. When I test the live presentation view link, it opens the participants' responses in a new tab as expected. However, when I publish the course, the Poll Everywhere content does not load at all in my course.

I would appreciate your help!

• Hello KaitlynGrant427 and JessicaBowde489,

The error you're encountering means the webpage you're trying to embed rejects the connection attempt. There isn't a way to correct the issue on Articulate's side because the error thrown is from the embedded content. Please contact the support team of the webpage you're trying to embed and confirm if their page is embeddable using an iframe. 

• Hello Fluidpage Microlearning,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue.

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Since web objects can't be opened during previews, can I ask how you are testing your live presentation view link? Are you opening the link directly on your browser? 
    • Where did you host your published course? Was it on a web server, LMS, or did you publish to Review 360?
    • Is the link you are trying to embed publicly accessible, or is thing a link that can only be accessed from within your organization?

Additionally, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!

KaitlynGrant427
      Community Member

I am having a similar issue, figured I would add on to this thread. I am also attempting to use Poll Everywhere for live polling/interactions.

I have been testing the link within the Web Objects window and uploading my SCORM to our LMS for testing. When it gets to the slide with the Web Object, it states that Poll Everywhere cant connect. I have the poll set to where anyone can participate with no restrictions, it is active, and am using the response link from Poll Everwhere.

Thanks! 

JessicaBowde489
        Community Member

I am also having the same issue and doing all of the same items above. Mine says "pollev-embeds.com sent an invalid response"