Forum Discussion

LatifaAziz
Community Member
4 years ago

Powerpoint laser pointer not showing

Hi, my SME recorded his PowerPoint lecture using both audio narration and laser pointer. After adding in the quiz section using Quizmaker, I published the lecture with LMS but both my SME's audio narration and laser pointer didn't load in the slide shows.. Can someone help me please?

I've attached an example.. In slide 1, my voice and laser pointer aren't loaded at all compared to what's originally there in the .pptx file.

• Hi Latifa!

I'm sorry you're running into this issue! I opened a case on your behalf with our Support Engineers. They'll take a look at the projects you've attached in this discussion and reply in your case. You'll hear from our team soon!

KellyBishop
    Community Member

Hi, 

Do we have an update yet on how to show the laser pointer? I am having the same issue with my conversions from PowerPoint to storyline. Everything else is ok. 

Many thanks, 

• I'm having the same issue with the laser pointer. I'd appreciate an update as well.

• Hello Kelly and LaRhonda!

Unfortunately, Presenter does not support Narration, and Laser Pointers are inserted directly in Powerpoint. We usually recommend using the Narration button in the Articulate tab while adding annotations instead. See this article as a guide:

Unfortunately, Presenter does not support Laser Pointers inserted directly in Powerpoint, which means they aren't imported into Storyline 360 when importing a PowerPoint to Storyline.

I can see how this feature in Storyline is important to your courses, so I've filed a feature request on both of your behalfs. We'll continue tracking this request and update you in this discussion. I appreciate both of you for taking the time to share this with us!

SEECoordinator
      Community Member

Hello Lauren

Is this feature updated in storyline now? because still I am not able to import ppt with laser pointers.

Thanks 

Keerthana

SeanBrennan
    Community Member

We really need the laser pointer to be imported with PowerPoint too. Where do I vote for this feature request?