Forum Discussion

SullynnaMvula-a
Community Member
29 days ago

Publish Rise 360 to HTML5

How can I publish my Rise course to HTML5?

MindaCarl
    Community Member

Hi EricSantos

Thanks for your feedback. It seems that the team was able to find a workaround to publish the file (I'm waiting to hear what it was). Maybe they were just missing the info on indexapi.html...

Out of interest, though, it seems like you're saying that although our LMS requires HTML5, only the LMS package would work for the integration?

EricSantos
      Staff

I appreciate you sharing that your team found a workaround to publish the file, Minda. Regarding your question, all Rise 360 published output, including LMS and Web outputs, uses HTML5.

Since you are uploading to an LMS, you should export your Rise course as an LMS package. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions or if your team requires more information from us. We're happy to help!

MindaCarl
    Community Member

Hi JoseTansengco

Thanks for your feedback. To clarify, my issue is that we need our course to be uploaded unto our (outdated) LMS, which apparently works with HTML5. And the team doing this are having trouble, so I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. 

The person in charge is, of course, on leave for another 2 weeks and the course needs to go live on Monday. The person currently doing the integration is under the impression that there's a file missing, that there should be something called HTML5 (I saw in another discussion that one solution for that was to duplicate and rename the HTML files - this didn't work here). Apparently, someone thinks that there's always a file missing in the download (although it's the first we've heard of this). Now he's asking us to merge the LMS and Web SCORMs but I don't think this is the way to solve this?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :)

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Minda,

I'm happy to chime in! Since you need to publish your course to an LMS, you would need to publish your Rise course as an LMS package. Upload the resulting zip file to your LMS. If your LMS requires you to identify the launch file, point to "indexapi.html." The zipped output should contain every file your LMS needs to run the Rise course. Please click the link below for detailed steps:

Let me know how it goes, and I'll be more than happy to assist further.

MindaCarl
      Community Member

Thanks for the link, Judy, but I don't see anything about HTML5 in the file that opens?