Forum Discussion

NikkiWard-49159
Community Member
5 months ago

Publish to Word...but the View / Open buttons do nothing...

I am trying to publish a number of projects to word, and it seems to publish fine, however when you get the window with options to View the published file, or open / open with a Zip file etc, none of these buttons action anything - any ideas where I am going wrong?!

• That is a good question. I just tried to publish to Word. When it was done the box opened with a big blue oval that said VIEW DOCUMENT. I clicked on it and the Word file opened. 

• Hi Nikki!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback! Glad to see Eric has been helping!

Testing the behavior on my end, in the current version of Storyline 360, I had the same results as Eric. After publishing a sample Storyline course to Word, the 'VIEW DOCUMENT' button functioned as intended.

If you've confirmed that you are working locally, and a repair of your Storyline installation doesn't do the trick, would you be comfortable sharing the affected .story file? Feel free to upload a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case.