Forum Discussion

ShawndaGriff935
Community Member
3 years ago

Recovering a deleted lesson

I accidentally deleted a lesson within a Rise course in error. Is it possible to recover it?

JayDaniyar
    Community Member

This is really ridiculous! I spent so much time creating this content and one accidental click deletes your entire work. It is unacceptable. I am so disappointed in this product!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Jay, 

If you accidentally deleted your Rise 360 course, a copy should still be in your Deleted folder as long as you didn't clear it out after the event. You'll find this folder in the bottom left section of your dashboard.

I will add your voice to the feature request that Gren mentioned, and we'll let you know when it makes it to our product roadmap!

JayDaniyar
        Community Member

I checked it and it was completely gone and empty. I googled, I visited bunch of forums regarding this issue and tried everything. You really need to resolve this, otherwise it is not worth working on this platform. I had a nervous breakdown, I cried, I was bitter and I moved on now, lol But please do it for others. I don't want another person experience this.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Shawnda,

Unfortunately it is not possible to recover a deleted Lesson.

• Hi Shawnda!

When deleting blocks or lessons, you'll see the Undo notification for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. However, once this disappears, the block or lesson can no longer be recovered.

One way to prevent this in the future is to create duplicates of your courses before editing the original course. We're also tracking requests for a feature for reverting to a previous version of the course, I'll keep you posted on any updates on this request.

ShawnAbsolam
    Community Member

Any updates on this, the ability to reverse an accidental deletion seems to have been on the table for some time. If that isn't possible what about version control?

gus
    Community Member

Just lost 2 months of work. To have no recovery option is incomprehensible.

• Hi @GretchenRoge432 and JayDaniyar,

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts and experiences here. I'm sorry to hear you were unable to recover your work and can understand how frustrating that can be. I've shared your comments with our developers to express the impact this has on our users.