Forum Discussion

LynnTonini
Community Member
5 days ago

Reporting Multiple Quizzes in Free Navigation

I am working with a client that wants their learners to experience a free navigation course on a new software system so that they can choose to learn only the functionalities of interest when needed. They want the learners to answer one key question (quiz) after each functionality is reviewed. They also want each question result to be submitted to their LMS so they can look for trends (for example, which functionality questions are being failed by most people). Based on what I've read, I'm guessing this is not possible as only the first completed quiz would be submitted. However, if there are workaround ideas, I've love to hear them. We haven't started to develop the course yet as we are first trying to determine if we can do what they are asking. Thank you! 

• Steer all the users to a final Results slide that only scores the questions that have been viewed.

LynnTonini
    Community Member

Thanks! I thought of that possibility, but can the learners then log back in another time and review a different topic and submit the related question (quiz) and have it be reported again? The challenge is that they want it to be used as a performance support tool so that users can learn about functionality in the system when needed.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

If a learner goes to the Results slide and then exits the course, the score and data will be submitted to the LMS based on whatever questions were answered.

You could try to prevent the user from going to the "end" (aka the Results slide) until they have completed all the functions they need. However, if they later need to review another function, you wouldn't get a report about their answer to the associated question. 

There might also be an issue with going through a course that's been marked as complete. That's determined by the LMS. 

Personally, I don't think anyone wants to sign into an LMS and relaunch a course to look up an answer when they're in their moment of need. Performance support should be easier to access.

• For example, one of my clients required folks to pass courses for compliance reasons. But we provided job aids as PDFs on their SharePoint site. And for an important piece of tracking software, users could actually open the job aids via links within the software. 
    LynnTonini
    Community Member

Thanks for your feedback, Judy. The client will have additional performance support material. This course would also remain available as an additional method to learn about functionality of the new system. 

What if we selected "never resume" in the player options? If a learner reviews a couple of functions using the free navigation, completes those questions (which would be submitted based on being viewed), logs out, and then back in again a few days later...would Articulate treat that learner as if they were new to the course and allow different questions/quizzes to be reported to the LMS? It's not ideal, but I'm thinking it may be one workaround. 

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

If someone exits a course before they complete it, the "never resume" option will restart the course from the beginning when they return. Any progress they had made will be lost. 

However, I don't know exactly what happens if they complete the course and then return. As I said, that's often a function controlled by the LMS. And if the course has already submitted "completion" data, I don't know if it would resubmit it.

The best way to find out for sure is to do a test in your LMS.