Forum Discussion

CraigOliver-Wal
Community Member
6 years ago

RISE - Publish to Sharepoint 365/Web

I have managed to publish as web course, however in IE and EDGE browsers clicking the index.html does nothing. I can get the course to open in Chrome however, so it is working just not on those browser. Is this normal?

Secondly, the goal is to publish the web course on SharePoint, however this wants to treat the index.html as a .PDF. Has anyone successfully got a course launching in SharePoint 365?

• Hi all,

Are there any updates on this issue? I haven't been able to locate a solution that allows me to publish Rise to web and run on SharePoint. This is a really big obstacle for our organization so I'd be really grateful for any insights. None of the above solutions were successful when I tried them. 

With thanks,

Caryn 

• Good Morning,

I recently had similar issues. It was a combination of 2 things that eventually worked for me. First, before unzipping the downloaded file, right click, go to properties, on general tab under security section, select "unblock".  Next, make sure you have full rights to SharePoint. You must be a site owner. I hope this helps! 

CarynCarman-4da
      Community Member

Thanks so much for replying, Kathryn. Yes, I did select "unblock" and I'm a full admin. Wish I could figure out why that solution works for some folks but not others. Are you working with a E3 MS license in a tenant? Wondering if it's a difference between enterprise and other types of MS365 accounts.  

JenniferBrow080
        Community Member

To clarify, are you trying to add to a Teams site?  M365/O365 SharePoint does not play work for me, even working with our SharePoint Admin team. There's something in the configuration that seems to treat the files like they're in a folder, not a library, even when putting the content with a library of an M365 site. But in other tenants that are SharePoint Communications sites.

There was a period of time when SharePoint on Premise (I forget the version, but I think... 2010) didn't work. But then worked before we migrated over to SharePoint.com.  

• Oh good question... We have MS365 but our IT created a special SharePoint site in the original classic view for us to post our eLearning trainings. 

CarynCarman-4da
      Community Member

So that might be it - classic vs modern. Although I'm pretty sure I've tried dropping the course into both a classic and modern environment. Thanks so much for sharing!

JessicaHall-265
        Community Member

Caryn did you end up finding a solution? I'm having the same problem and have both checked unblocked and have full access. 

• Has anyone had any luck completing this process on a mac? I'm struggling to find a way to convert the HTML file to ASPX. I get the same issue as Rachel.

AimeePerez-32f3
      Community Member

For those also on a Mac.. I figured it out! Select the copied index.html file, then navigate to File -> Get Info.

Under the Name & Extension section, uncheck 'Hide extension,' then update the html extension to aspx. Et voila :)