Forum Discussion

JodyPescod-9c70
Community Member
3 years ago

Rise 360 divider issue

I have a custom divider to separate blocks in my lessons. I used the Divider block and the brand color to set the color. The padding top and bottom are set to have no padding. The result is I get a nice thin dividing line. I created a block so I didn't have to set this up each time and until recently, there was no issue.

I am now unable to edit, move, duplicate or delete the block when it is inserted between other blocks (text, images, videos etc.). The attached video shows the issue. I am unable to select anything to be able to modify the block.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

FYI - I have a lot of these divider blocks in multiple courses so to replace them is not a good suggestion ;)

MarvieYap-Mulde
    2 years ago

Hi Mengqiao, 

A workaround you can try while we are waiting is to use your tab key to keyboard navigate to the "Edit" button of the divider block. Once the keyboard focus is on the "Edit" button, you can press enter so it opens up the authoring sheet and edit it.

Marvie

• I am having the same issue. I created a divider block with no padding to see what it would look like, but now I am unable to delete or move that divider block because when I click the  delete/arrows/edit button, it automatically switches me to the the next block. 

Any recommendations for how to fix this? 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Jody,

I've always had this problem when I make the divider very narrow.

There are other threads about this, and the problem is that the divider is so narrow, Rise does not know where to place the edit buttons for that block.

• Hi Elizabeth! We've seen the same problem, and we have this logged as a bug in Rise.

Do you find that you're able to delete or move the block if you temporarily add padding to the divider? 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Alyssa,

Adding padding to the divider is just as difficult as trying to delete the divider: all the buttons related to the block keep moving.

• Moving it to the bottom, or moving other block so it is at the bottom will allow you to edit or delete, not ideal

• I'm having the same issue. Deleting, moving, adding paddings, or any options for the divider is not possible once both paddings are set to 0. The only workaround is to delete all of the other blocks underneath the divider to be able to use the divider buttons again, which is not a good solution at all in many cases.

Alyssa - Any updates on this bug fix? Thanks!

MarvieYap-Mulde
      Former Staff

Hi Mengqiao, 

A workaround you can try while we are waiting is to use your tab key to keyboard navigate to the "Edit" button of the divider block. Once the keyboard focus is on the "Edit" button, you can press enter so it opens up the authoring sheet and edit it.

Marvie

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Hi Marvie,

That actually works. Great suggestion!

• Hi Mengqiao,

Thanks for checking in on this! There currently hasn't been any movement on this as we prioritize other fixes. This has been reported and I'm going to include your voice in the report. We’ll update this discussion when there is any news to share about this.