Forum Discussion

DianneOspina-82
Community Member
2 years ago

Rise Process Interaction

Is there a way you can remove the arrow button when you start the Process interaction?  I did not really notice that having the Start and Arrow button may be a little much until my client brought that to my attention today.  I did go into the settings but did not see anything that would eliminate the arrow button in the Introduction (added picture for example).   Any comments would be most appreciated, thank you.  

• Just letting everybody know that this has been raised as an accessibility bug and has been escalated to the engineers. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but if if changed for accessibility it might also bring about a change that correct this issue too.

Case #00918970.

• I've also raised this as an accessibility bug, as screen reader users come across the "Next" arrow prior to the content of the first slide. Screen reader users are likely to select the "Next" arrow before discovering that there is content to read.

I think this should be a priority for accessibility reasons.

• We also get this question often from various people (on our team, other teams, as well as trainers and learners). The two buttons are redundant and the user isn't sure which one to use. Would be great if we had the option in the settings to choose one or the other.

EricSantos
        Staff

Hello Paula,

Thank you for adding your vote for the ability to remove the arrow button when you start the Process interaction. I informed our product team, and we'll let you know if there are any changes that might help.
        In the meantime, here's how we manage feature requests that we receive.

• One option would be to remove the Introduction slide and then the start button wouldn't be shown, just the arrows. If you want to make sure people go through the entire process interaction, you can add a Continue bar that requires the block directly above be completed.

• Good morning Hazel,

Thank you for your reply.  I did not think it could be removed, but could not hurt to ask, right?  :)

Here is the reason my client asked if it could be removed:  "The buttons are confusing.  The CONTINUE button allows you to move to the next slide without completing the actions.  The START button and the ARROW button both do the same thing but I wasn’t certain whether each did something else so I clicked each to confirm – wastes time."

I did provide the option of adding a note (see attached) to avoid confusion.  

Have a great day Hazel!

Dianne

hazelB
      Staff

Thanks so much, Dianne, for relaying the feedback. 

Have a great day as well!

• Hi Dianne!

I understand that you want to remove the arrow button that is part of the Process Block. So sorry there isn't a way to remove this, as the arrow is there to be clicked to go to the next step in the process.

Would it be okay to know why your client wants this removed? Do they see having the start button and the arrow as redundant?