Forum Discussion

• Hey Carrie! Duplicating is a great option to save time! 😊I looked at your file. From what I can see, when you copy the slide, the spinning wheel variable creates a new dial variable each time. All you need to do is select Picture 2 (the dial), click the Design tab, click the Variable drop-down, and select wheel.

Now, the wheel should spin! And since the trigger is attached to that variable, the character should also move. I attached the updated story file with those changes. You’ll need to edit the variable each time you duplicate the slide. I hope that helps!

CarrieRyan-f13b
      Community Member

I can not thank you enough for your assistance!  Adjusting the variable works. Thank you! Thank you! Having experienced staff help answer these dilemmas, really saves time, sanity, and the project! Thank you! 

SarahHodge
        Former Staff

We're happy that helped! 😊 Best of everything with your project, Carrie!

BWoods
    Former Staff

Hi Carrie,

That sounds frustrating. Let's see if we can track down what might be causing the issue.

I tried out your file and I was able to get the wheel to spin once, but couldn't get the wheel image to rotate if I tried spinning it again. On comparing the triggers between your file and the original one, I did notice that Audio 2 in your file had an additional trigger the original didn't (highlighted in the screenshot in blue).

Disabling that trigger allowed me to spin the wheel again.

Let me know if that solves the challenge you have or if you need that particular trigger and we'll need to investigate another solution.

CarrieRyan-f13b
      Community Member

Bianca,

I am so relieved to have another set of eyes on this. I don't need the wheel to spin again. I want to duplicate this slide throughout my course. In the file I attached, I can get Slide 1 wheel to spin but I can not get Slide 2 wheel to spin. The character does not move and the wheel does not spin.

(As a note, i know it is inefficient to duplicate the slide throughout the course. But for now, I don't have the skill level to use one slide and create triggers for 10 different questions).

Thank you