Forum Discussion

RyanLowry
Community Member
10 years ago

Storyline 2 Example - Generating a PDF Certificate for users who successfully complete a quiz

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with a JavaScript PDF library (pdfmake) to generate PDF certificates client side for learners who have successfully completed a quiz in Storyline 2.

You can see an example at http://rlowry.github.io/certificate/story.html

The 1st slide of the example provides a brief overview of how this works. I've tested this successfully in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS.

I've attached a simple source file that contains a basic .story file as well as a folder (certificate) that includes the required HTML and JavaScript that needs to be included within a web object within the project. Feel free to have a look and re-use if it's useful.

The generated PDF certificate is very basic at the moment, you'll need to refer to the pdfmake documentation to update the design.

UPDATE: Originally this example only worked with the HTML5 output. I've tweaked it so it now works with the Flash output as well. I've updated the attached files to reflect this change.

UPDATE 2: I've updated the attached source files so they now use the latest version of pdfmake (v0.1.27).

Cheers,

Ryan