Forum Discussion

Mary-JoBaker
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline 360 Tracking option: "When learner completes a quiz" not working

I created a 5-question multiple-choice graded quiz with Final Assessment Quiz Results slide (tracking all 5 questions). Passing score is 100%. I selected "When learner completes a quiz" as the tracking option upon publishing (SCORM 2004, 4th edition). In our LMS (Cornerstone), even after I answer each quiz question the quiz will not show as complete. I'm only showing as "in progress." When I re-launch the quiz, I'm taken to the results slide. I don't know how to make the quiz to set progress to "complete" after answering each quiz question. Also, I'm hoping to be able to generate a report showing each person's overall quiz score and question-level responses. Can you assist?

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

You dont say if the Results slide works correctly when just running it locally through a browser.

So Im going to assume that the Results slide is showing 100% score, and a PASS correctly.

If so, then test your build on Rustici's "ScormCloud"

It is the industry standard LMS for testing purposes. If it works there, then you know its something to do with your own LMS (Cornerstone).
    Unfortunately I dont have any experience with Cornerstone, but certainly, some LMS can be a bit funny with certain course completion/tracking; especially when you use SCORM 2004 4th Ed.

Mary-JoBaker
    Community Member

Thanks Andrew - Yes. The quiz seems to work fine when I preview it from within Storyline. I don't think I'd be permitted to use ScormCloud software from my work computer. I sent a version of the quiz (without real quiz content) to the Articulate team in hopes they will recommend different publishing settings and/or find my errors.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Ah ok MJ. Im sure they will be able to advise.

Regarding ScormCloud, it doesnt require any download or installation, and registering an account for testing purposes is completely free (And very secure) so it might still be worth a go and see.

The only other thing I can think to suggest is to use a TRIGGER ("Complete Course") on the Success layer of the results slide, and set up your publish settings to use this instead of the built in "Quiz" setting.
    This would give you full control, and at least let you test if the Cornerstone LMS preferred that way.

Sorry I cant be of more help at this stage!

• Hello Mary Jo,

I'm glad Andrew was able to share some recommendations here! I looked at your support case and saw that my colleague McGem helped test your Storyline project in SCORM Cloud and provided tips on selecting reporting options for your course.

I encourage you to continue troubleshooting with McGem in the support case as needed.