Forum Discussion

ThaddeusAshclif
Community Member
3 years ago

Storyline Feature Request - Locking position of slides in a scene

Slide orientation is too fragile.  I would like to be able to lock slide connections so that someone doesn't break the scene by simply browsing the project. 

This can happen in two ways.  If you scene has multiple branching paths it is very easy to break or adjacently reassign a slide to the wrong branch, or break it off from the rest of the scene entirely. 

Example: I just had a project that I was just about to publish when I noticed that two crucial slides broke off from their normal location.  This broke the functionality of the course. 

• The best locking mechanism is use triggers that jump to SlideName, instead of Next. Never gets broken.

• Thanks for the idea.

That approach is hard to update, and in large projects can be a significant hassle.  My current project for instance has more than 600 slides.

• Hi Thaddeus,

Thank you for your feedback! We currently have a feature request logged for the option to lock slides in place. I'll add your vote and will be sure to update this discussion if this makes it to our feature roadmap.