Forum Discussion

NoelleDavenport
Community Member
8 months ago

Swapped Identifier

I have a set of four courses that are Part 1, 2, 3, and 4. I just noticed that the identifiers (Reporting and Tracking Options) for two of them are swapped: the identifier for Part 3 says Part 4 and vise versa. These courses are a few years old and have been updated a number of times. What are the implications of having these identifiers swapped? 

After a recent update and republishing in our LMS, Part 3 hasn't been marking learners as complete. Could the identifier have anything to do with it? 

Thanks for your guidance!

• Hello Noelle, 

Happy to help!

The Identifier field is a unique string of characters assigned by Storyline 360. Your LMS uses it to identify your content. If this value was somehow changed in any way, you might encounter issues like overwriting an existing content item or similar. This field normally doesn't get changed unless done manually, so I'd check with the previous owners of the course to ask if they have updated the LMS identifier field and why. 

As for your course not marking your learners as complete, I'd recommend testing it in SCORM Cloud to see if the behavior is specific to your LMS. If the issue is specific to your LMS, try enabling the LMS debug logs for your course for more information on the issue. If you are able to replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening. We'll delete it when we're done testing!